Salads are one of the healthiest dishes to eat today, but it can also be one of the most calorific ones if you aren't careful and overload it on certain ingredients and dressing that is dense in carbs and fat. So if you're planning on making a healthy salad that will have you be able to do
so with the right type of dressing and to eradicate certain ingredients that take on too many calories without much of the benefits. How do you do that? Read on as I show you the right way on how to whip up the perfect salad dressing with the help of lemons!
A Delicious Keto Salad Dressing
This keto salad dressing is perfect for those who want to have a bit more fat in their diet without the hassle of eating unhealthy versions of it. With a touch of lemon, you have the right combination of sour and savory flavors that add a kick to any salad.
- One clove of garlic
- One teaspoon of dry oregano
- Half a teaspoon of fine salt
- Quarter teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Quarter cup of lemon juice
- Half a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a jar.
- Add the lemon juice and oil right after. Use a fork to combine all the ingredients well.
- Cover the jar with its lid tightly. Now shake it and place it in the fridge, serving when needed.
Here are more tips to make your salads healthier:
- Avoid adding ingredients that would make your salad heavier, and with empty calories, you do not need. Replace croutons with more vegetables and ration your usage of bacon bits and egg (opt for egg whites only).
- Do not add too much of the keto salad dressing to the dish. Limit it to about two to three tablespoons per bowl of salad. If it needs more flavor, add a zest of lemon to avoid too many calories.
- Sweeten the salad by adding not only vegetables but fruits like grapes. Also opt to add nuts instead of croutons, which are high in both protein and fat (and are much healthier!).
When it comes to creating a delicious salad, then you've got to make sure that you incorporate a right balance of fat and protein to it, as the main part of the dish would consist of carbs from the vegetables. Through this keto dressing, you will be able to increase
the fat content to your favorite salads while making it taste even yummier than expected.
I hope that this amazing keto salad dressing has you more knowledgeable on how to make a quick and healthy dish even better. So don't wait any longer and try this recipe out today!
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips and experiences with making more keto salad dressings with lemon, then do comment down below. I would like to hear what you have to think.
ABOUT: Hi! I'm Rose, founder of Gimme Tasty. I have a passion for cooking that inspires me to motivate others to brush up their skills in the kitchen by sharing my tips and recipes! Follow me as I show you more ways to help you whip up healthy and delicious meals.